RIVERSIDE, Calif. – The Omaha softball team wrapped up play at the Amy S. Harrison Classic this weekend with an 11-3 loss in six innings to Michigan State on Sunday morning in Riverside, Calif.
The loss drops the Mavericks to 9-10 on the season.
How It Happened
- The Spartans scored twice in the first inning before doubling the lead in the fourth with a two-RBI double.
- Omaha scored its first run in the top of the fifth when Emily Klosterman’s RBI single through the left side brought home Emma Dargy.
- Michigan State got the run back in the bottom of the fifth on an RBI single down the left field line.
- Alexa Sedlak lifted a two-run homer of the fence in left center, cutting the Maverick deficit to 5-3 in the sixth.
- The Spartans scored six runs on four hits and a trio of Maverick errors to clinch the 11-3 run-rule victory in six innings.
Inside the Box Score
- Sedlak led Omaha at the plate, going 1-for-2 with a homer and two RBI.
- Klosterman hit 1-for-2 with an RBI while three other Mavericks recorded one hit apiece.
- Sydney Hampton dropped to 8-3 on the season after allowing four runs on seven hits in 4.0 innings.
- Kamryn Meyer pitched the final 1.1 innings in relief, allowing seven runs, four earned, on six hits and striking out one batter.
The Mavericks travel to Greeley, Colo., to play in the Northern Colorado Tournament on Friday-Sunday, March 6-8. Omaha is set to face UNI, Northern Colorado and Utah Valley throughout the three-day event.