The Omaha baseball team continues play in its new ballpark with a four-game series vs. Kansas at Tal Anderson Field this weekend. The Mavericks and Jayhawks will play a doubleheader on Friday at 11 a.m. and a second doubleheader on Saturday beginning at 10 a.m.
Links to live stats and video are available on OMavs.com.
- The Mavericks are 4-5 on the season after last weekend’s series vs. Creighton.
- Chris Esposito is hitting .387 at the plate with two triples, three home runs, 13 RBI and nine runs scored to lead the Mavericks.
- Ryan Doran and Brett Bonar are hitting .304 and .294, respectively while Masen Prososki and Breyden Eckhout have a team-high four doubles each.
- Joey Machado is 0-1 on the season in three starts with a 1.80 ERA in 10.0 innings of work.
- Richie Holetz is 1-0 in three starts while striking out 12 batters in 16.0 innings and posting a 2.25 ERA.
- Tanner Howe has a team-high seven appearances on the mound for Omaha out of the bullpen.
- Head coach Evan Porter is in his fifth season leading the Mavericks.
Scouting the Kansas Jayhawks
- Kansas is 5-5 (0-0 Big 12) on the season after winning two games last weekend in a three-game series at Saint Louis.
- Nolan Metcalf leads KU with two doubles, a pair of homers, 10 RBI and a .342 batting average.
- As a team, the Jayhawks are hitting .235 with 73 hits, 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 41 RBI.
- Cole Larsen is 1-1 on the mound this season with a team-best 26 strikeouts and 1.06 ERA.
- Ryan Cyr is 2-1 in 19.1 innings with 24 strikeouts and a 3.72 ERA.
- Head coach Ritch Price is 536-501-3 in his 19th season leading the Jayhawk program.
All-Time vs. Kansas
Omaha and Kansas enter the weekend having met eight times on the diamond. The Jayhawks lead the all-time series over the Mavericks, 8-0. In their last meeting, KU won 9-5 on April 10, 2018 in Omaha.