WICHITA, Kan. – The Omaha baseball team lost 11-1 in the series finale at Wichita State on Sunday afternoon in Wichita, Kan.
The Mavericks fall to 8-12 on the season while the Shockers improve to 12-8.
How it Happened
- The Shockers opened the scoring in the third with a pair of singles and a sacrifice fly to take a 1-0 lead.
- Eduardo Rosario led off the fifth with a walk and later came around to score on an RBI double down the left field line by Breyden Eckhout to tie the game at one.
- Wichita State responded with six runs on seven hits in the bottom of the fifth to snag the 7-1 advantage.
- WSU plated a run in the sixth and added three in the seventh to clinch the 11-1 win.
Inside the Box Score
- Rosario was 1-for-2 at the plate with a run scored and a walk.
- Eckhout tallied the only other hit for the Mavericks with an RBI double.
- Masen Prososki drew a team-high two walks.
- Richie Holetz fell to 1-2 on the year after allowing seven runs on nine hits and striking out five in five innings of work.
- Jarrett Blunt tossed one inning while Josiah Scott, Tanner Howe and Harrison Kreiling combined to throw two scoreless innings in relief.
Omaha returns to Summit League play next weekend, hosting North Dakota State at Tal Anderson Field. The Mavericks and Bison play a doubleheader on Friday, April 2 beginning at 3 p.m. First pitch between Omaha and NDSU is set for 3 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. on Sunday.