KEARNEY – The University of Nebraska at Kearney currently has 8 people – 6 students and 2 employees – who have tested positive for COVID-19. These are active confirmed cases reported to UNK’s Public Health Center. Those who tested positive are being required to isolate per health guidance. If the Public Health Center believes you were in contact with someone who has COVID-19, they will contact you directly.
COVID-19 Positive Cases – Monday, Aug. 24, 2020
- UNK Students – 6
- UNK Employees – 2
- Buffalo County – 156 (last 14 days)
- Two Rivers Public Health Department – 8 new cases Sunday
- Nebraska – 109 new positives; 1,520 last 7 days
To slow the spread of the virus and keep UNK safe, we ask that you comply with the following:
- Wear a mask
- Maintain appropriate physical distance from others
- Self-screen by using UNK’s #CampusClear App
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid campus if you’re sick
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and use hand sanitizer
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
This report will be provided every Monday. Additional information will be shared on a more frequent basis when needed.