Panhandle residents under 65 with medical conditions are being asked to wait to sign up for the COVID vaccine until the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) vaccine registration is available. This will be within the next week or so.
Anyone 65 or older and interested in receiving the COVID vaccination, please complete the following form: https://tinyurl.com/ycpxzr5d. The online link completion is preferred, people can call 308-262-5764 or 308-633-2866 ext. 101.
6,321 people have signed up so far! Be sure to help your elderly family, friends, and neighbors get signed up. This will put them on the list that is being coordinated with local vaccine providers. You will be called when vaccines are available. We anticipate Phase 1b going into May 2021. When vaccines are available, appointments will be scheduled, and individuals will be called days ahead.
As of today, 4,648 Panhandle residents have received the COVID vaccine. Health care personnel, long-term care, and those 75 and older are currently being vaccinated. Panhandle long-term care facility residents receiving the COVID vaccine are 4th highest in the state with 84.5% that have received their first dose.
If you have received your first dose and have not heard when you will receive your second dose, don’t panic, you will be contacted by the vaccine provider that administered your first dose.
COVID vaccinations are also available at the Scottsbluff Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) for veterans enrolled in the VA Health Care system. Vaccinations are by appointment only, no walk-ins. Call 308-225-5330 for appointment scheduling.
Transportation for COVID vaccinations or to get COVID tested is available by contacting Project Connect at 308-761-8747.
Unified Command confirms 64 more cases of COVID in the Panhandle since last reporting on Thursday, January 25. The investigations are underway, all close contacts will be quarantined.
|All Ages: 64|
March 2, 2020-January 25, 2021
- Total Tests Conducted: 32,444
- Positive: 8,269
- Last 14 days (active) cases: 287
- Last week’s cases: 151
- Last week’s positivity rate: 21.2%
- Deaths: 173
- Active Hospitalizations: 14
- Total Cumulative Hospitalizations: 510
- Doubling time (November 11, 2020-January 24, 2021): 74 days
Avoid the Three Cs:
- Avoid Crowded Places – Avoid gathering in groups where you cannot maintain 6-feet of distance from others
- Avoid Close Contact – Wear a mask over your nose and mouth or maintain 6-feet distance when you are spending more than 15 total minutes with people you don’t live with
- Avoid Confined Spaces – Avoid enclosed spaces with poor ventilation
Current COVID testing access can be found at www.pphd.org.