The Gering High School Speech team were named the champions at last Saturday’s Scottsbluff Speech Invite on January 16th.
The Bulldogs finished the event with 53 sweepstakes points; Scottsbluff was second with 33.
Highlights to Gering’s success included 14 finalists, five of whom were individual event champions.
· Entertainment Speaking: Lydia Connot, 1st
· Informative Speaking: Emme Parker, 4th
· Extemporaneous Speaking: Hannah Boyd, 6th, and Milo
· Poetry: Regan Fuller, 3rd
· Persuasive Speaking: Emme Parker, 2nd, and Kaitlyn
· Humorous Prose: Wyatt Soule, 6th, and Kennie Gable, 1st
· Serious Prose: Kaitlyn Peterson, 6th, Sammy Martinez, 5th,
and Liv Longmore, 2nd
· Duet Acting: Hannah Boyd and Evan Fuller, 6th
· OID: Kennie Gable, Milo Newman, Hannah Boyd, Abby Prohs,
and Autumn Elsen, 1st