Scottsbluff Firefighters were on scene Tuesday morning at the Western Nebraska Veterans Home responding to what was reported as a possible electrical fire.
The call coming in at about 10:40 a.m. with an active alarm, and Gering Fire responding to the scene with mutual aid.
Fire Captain Justin Houstoun tells KNEB News it was determined a motor in an HVAC unit in one room had caught fire, but was out by the time firefighters arrived, leaving a slight haze of smoke in the room.
Personnel ventilated the affected room and once the smoke was ventilated, residents were allowed back into their rooms.
Houstoun says staff at the facility did an excellent job in evacuating residents from the area and no injuries were reported.