April 30, 2021 (Omaha, Neb.) – Eight Catholic educators will be honored, and awarded $5,000 each, by the Archdiocese of Omaha at a September 23 dinner.
The 44th Annual Archbishop’s Dinner for Education will take place at the CHI Health Convention Center. This annual celebration of Catholic education provides an opportunity to publicly recognize the dedication of those who work in Catholic schools, thank those who support Catholic schools, and raise scholarship funds for low-income students to attend Catholic schools.
This year’s honorees include:
- Administrators of the Year
- Maureen Hoy, Mary Our Queen School, Omaha
- Dan Koenig, Archbishop Bergan Catholic School, Fremont
- Educators of the Year – Elementary
- Tammy Mateljan, St. Cecilia School, Omaha
- Joyce Ortmeier, Guardian Angels Central Catholic School, West Point
- Educators of the Year – Secondary
- John Roshone, Mt. Michael Benedictine School, Elkhorn
- Joan Lahm, Scotus Central Catholic High School, Columbus
- Educators of the Year – Special Education and Under-Served
(Funded by the Maginn Family Foundation)
- Mary Davis, Ss. Peter and Paul School, Omaha
- Darian Stout, Madonna School, Omaha
Proceeds from the dinner are used to provide a $5,000 gift to each 2021 honoree and to fund scholarships for students to attend Catholic schools. Scholarship dollars raised are administered by the Children’s Scholarship Fund.
Chairpersons for this year’s dinner are Tammy and Drew Blossom with Honorary Chairpersons Gail Werner-Robertson and Scott Robertson. The evening will begin with a social hour at 6:00 p.m. followed by dinner and a program at 7:00 p.m.