The Nebraska baseball team concludes its home schedule this weekend when the Huskers host Indiana for three games at Hawks Field.
Friday’s game is set for 6:35 p.m. (CT) and will be televised on NET. Saturday’s game is slated for 2:05 p.m. Fans can interact with animals from the Lincoln Children’s Zoo before the game.
Sunday’s regular-season home finale starts at 11:05 a.m., with Senior Day activities scheduled before the game. It is also Bark in the Park, as fans are welcome to bring their dogs to the game. Marketing staff will hand out 750 Husker dog toys before the game.
How to Listen/Watch the Huskers
Fans can listen to Greg Sharpe, Nick Handley and Ben McLaughlin call the action throughout the season on the Husker Sports Network. Every game this season can be heard on Huskers.com and the Official Nebraska Huskers App for both iOS and android devices.
All three games will be carried on TuneIn.com and the TuneIn App on the Husker IMG Sports Network channel. Fans in Lincoln can listen on 1400 AM and fans in Omaha can listen on 590 AM.
Friday’s game will be televised on NET. Streaming is also available on BTN2Go. Larry Punteney and Jeff Leise will call the action.
The final two games of the series will be streamed live online on BTN Plus. Subscriptions for BTN Plus are available on a monthly or annual basis. A school pass subscription is $79.95 for one year and $9.95 for one month. A conference pass subscription is $119.95 for one year and $14.95 for one month.
Last Time Out
The Huskers lost to intrastate rival Creighton at TD Ameritrade Park on Tuesday night, 5-4.
The Huskers wrap up the regular season when they head to Illinois to face the Fighting Illini for a three-game series from Thursday to Saturday.
- The first game of this weekend’s series will be Darin Erstad’s 400th game as the head coach at Nebraska.
- Nebraska is the only team in the Big Ten with two players in the top five in RBIs. Jesse Wilkening ranks tied for second in the conference in RBIs (50), while Scott Schreiber ranks fifth (46). They also both rank in the top 10 in the Big Ten in batting average. Schreiber is fifth (.382) and Wilkening is ninth (.360).
Scouting the Indiana Hoosiers
- Nebraska leads the all-time series against Indiana, 11-9-1, dating back to the first meeting between the schools in 1899. The Huskers are 4-2 at home all time against the Hoosiers.
- Indiana is 31-14 this season with a 9-8 record in Big Ten play. IU is ranked in NCBWA (27), Baseball America (18) and the USA Today Coaches Poll (16). The Hoosiers enter the weekend on a four-game losing streak after falling to Kentucky on Tuesday night. Last weekend, Indiana was swept in three games at Minnesota.
- Head Coach Chris Lemonis is 132-86-3 in his fourth season at Indiana. He is assisted by Kyle Bunn, Kyle Cheesebrough and Zach Lucas.
- Players to Watch
» #7 Matt Gorski (Sophomore INF): Leads the team in batting average (.380) and hits (63)
» #51 Logan Sowers (Senior OF): Batting .294 with eight doubles, five home runs and 30 runs scored
» #29 Ryan Fineman (Junior C): Batting .308 with eight doubles, six homers and a team-best 33 RBIs