Noted Hollywood actor Quinton Aaron, who will be speaking to over 2,300 students during seven programs at local schools from Tuesday through Friday, will be our guest on KNEB AM 960 and translator station 100.3 FM at 8:05 Tuesday morning to discuss the topic of bullying and the serious and life-threatening effects it has on kids and teens at school and in the community.
Aaron is best known for his portrayal of NFL football star Michael Oher alongside Oscar winner Sandra Bullock in the Academy Award winning movie, The Blind Side, which has grossed over $300 million in the U.S. box office alone. Aaron has also guest stared on many television shows including Law and Order SUV, Harry Law, One Tree Hill, and Drop Dead Diva.
Quinton is dedicated to advocating for the fight against bullying. He began The Quinton Aaron Foundation whose mission is to provide hope, encouragement, confidence, and resources to children on the brink of suicide or battling the damaging effects on self-esteem and confidence caused by the actions or words of others.
Quinton Aaron is being brought to the Gering area in cooperation with the ECD Foundation,(Educate, Communicate & Dedicate) to end bullying.
Appearances in schools not open to the Public :
- Gering Public Schools grades 4th – 12th – October 18th and 19th, 1,367 planned attendees.
- Scottsbluff Middle School – October 19th, 775 planned attendees.
- Letyon Public Schools grades K – 12th October 20th 201 planned attendees.
We hope you will consider being a part of our journey! Schedule of Events open to the Public!
- October 18th from 6 – 9 pm – Quinton Aaron will be at Brannan Bounce and Skate World at 775 Crescent Drive in Gering Nebraska – Open to the public for $15.00 a person. Tickets available at the door.
- October 20th – from 6-9 pm The directors of the ECD Foundation and the Quinton Aaron Foundation as well as Mr. Aaron himself will be hosting a meet and greet at the Scottsbluff Country Club at 5014 Avenue I in Scottsbluff Nebraska. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Jen @ the ECD Foundation at email@example.com or by phone @ (308)633-0390. Ticket price is $50.00 for adult or $25.00 for children 12 and under.
- October 22nd – from 6-9 pm Cosmic bowling with Quinton Aaron at Valley Bowl Fun Center at 1702 17th Avenue in Scottsbluff Nebraska – Open to the public for $15.00 a person. There will be raffle and cash prizes.
- October 23rd – All children attending his school programs will be selling tickets at $10.00 each to be put in a drawing for a dinner with Quinton Aaron and 6 quests of their choosing. The winner of this drawing will be drawn Saturday night at the Cosmic Bowling event!