Travel across much of the Panhandle remains limited Saturday morning following Friday’s spring snow storm.
As of 7 a.m., the following highways remain closed:
- Highway 71 from Colorado State Line to Gering
- Interstate 80 from Wyoming State Line to Grand Island
- Highway 30 from Wyoming State Line to Grand Island
- Hwy 27 from Gordon to the South Dakota line
- L62A from the North Bayard Jct. to US 385
- Hwy 88 closed Wyoming line to Bridgeport closed
- Hwy 26 is closed from Bridgeport to Lewellen
The Nebraska State Patrol also confirmed there was a fatal accident Friday near Chappell. The fatality was confirmed around 1 p.m. by Troop D Dispatch in North Platte. Patrol spokesman Cody Thomas says there was an accident at the location involving multiple semis; but no other information is available at this time.
The cities of Alliance and Sidney have declared snow emergencies, which means all parked cars should be removed from designated major streets to allow for snow removal.