There are many charities available to help with disaster relief.
Below are links to the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army. These organizations accept donations for both current and future relief efforts.
Listed below are organizations that are accepting donations for current disaster relief.
- Purpose: To provide emergency aid to Nebraska farmers, ranchers, and rural communities affected by recent storms and flooding.
- Like a “want ad” page, the page provides a place for Farm Bureau members to seek and offer help, as well as share information during tough times.
- Have extra hay to sell or donate to help a producer recover from the blizzard? Post it.
- Nebraska Flood Relief – Hay | Hay Hauling Assistance
- Farm Rescue will provide hay and hay hauling to affected Nebraska livestock producers. Click the link above for the online application. Hay will be provided on a first come first serve basis as it becomes available.
- Donate to Farm Rescue
- If you have hay to donate to affected Nebraska livestock contact Farm Rescue using the link. Farm Rescue is also looking for drivers and tractor/trailers to help haul hay in Nebraska.
- Nebraskans hit by this week’s flooding have many challenges ahead, but free legal help is available through Legal Aid’s Disaster Relief Project. CLICK HERE or or by calling the Disaster Relief Hotline at 1-844-268-5627. If you are an attorney and want to volunteer to help disaster survivors, please apply here.
- Accepting donations for victims of the Nebraska floods.
- Accepting donations for victims of the Nebraska floods. Be sure to put this number #975/420101 on your donations. EVERY PENNY of this donation goes to this disaster in Nebraska. We raise all our administrative costs in other ways and by using the above # you are giving only to a specific disaster. Donations can be dropped off at any Methodist church.
- United Way of the Midlands is asking the community to support those impacted by flooding.
- The Lexington Middle School Ag Classes and the Lexington High School FFA chapter are accepting donations for affected FFA Chapters in northeastern Nebraska. They are asking for animal and pet food, feed and water pans, and Cash that will be used to purchase gift cards. Items will be given directly to Chapter Advisors for distribution. Please contact Haley Rogers at the Middle School at email@example.com or Tim Potter at High School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lexington Boy Scout Troop 88 – Water Donation Drive – Drop off water bottles at the Comfort Inn, Lexington.
- Dawson Tire & Wheel, Gothenburg, is hosting a supply drive. Click Here for more information.
- United Way of the Kearney Area-Kearney area flooding relief-Click Here for more information.
- Franklin FFA & Franklin 4-H – Collection of donations for farmers and livestock producers. CLICK HERE
- Gibbon Area Relief Fund – For current needs contact Jon Wymer at 308-238-1920 / email@example.com or Abby Lambert 308-468-5210 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Butler County Sheriff’s Office
- Donations for flood victims can be brought to the Event Center at the Bulter County Fairgrounds. If you have been affected by the flood please come and get any items you need. We have cleaning products, clothing, paper products, hygiene products, food. The sheriff’s office is taking donations in for the next few days.
- Columbus Sales Pavilion is a source to drop & pick up hay and fencing supplies. More information can be found by calling 402-564-3231