KNEB is your TRUSTED source for all NEWS, including political news, and the 2016 Elections!
NEBRASKA ELECTION 2016 INFORMATION
2016 Election Dates to Remember:
- Deadline for Incumbents to file for office: February 16, 2016
- Deadline for Non-Incumbents to file for office: March 1, 2016
- Statewide Primary Election Day: May 10, 2016
- Statewide General Election Day: November 8, 2016
- Complete 2016 Election Calendar
How To Register To Vote:
In Nebraska, registration is required to be eligible to vote, the only exception is during Presidential elections. If you have recently moved to Nebraska or moved to another state after the registration deadline, then you may only vote a Presidential ballot.
In order to vote in Nebraska, you must:
- Be a United States Citizen;
- Live in the state of Nebraska;
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November;
- Have not been convicted of a felony, or if convicted, at least two years have passed since the completion of your sentence for the felony including any parole term; and
- Have not been officially found to be mentally incompetent.
There are registration deadlines to vote in Nebraska. For 2016, those deadlines are:
- Primary Election Voter Registration Deadline: Friday, April 22, 2016
- General Election Voter Registration Deadline: Friday, October 21, 2016
You can register to vote in the following ways:
- ONLINE: NEW for 2016, is the NEreg2vote ONLINE Voter Registration Portal.
- On this portal you can:
- Register to Vote in Nebraska
- Change your address on your voter registration record
- Affiliate your party or change your party of affiliation
- Change your name on your voter registration record
- Access the online portal here
- The same deadlines apply to online registration and cut off is at 5:00pm CT (4:00pm MT) on the day of voter registration deadline.
- On this portal you can:
- IN PERSON: Stop by your local county Election Commissioner (in some counties, the County Clerk is also the Election Commissioner), and fill out a voter registration form.
- BY MAIL: You may also download the form (below), complete it, and mail it back to your local Election Commissioner (or County Clerk) at their address (listed on the form).
- CHECK YOUR INFO: You can also check your current voter registration information, find your polling place, request a provisional ballot, and more by clicking here.
2016 Nebraska Primary Candidate Filings:
- Statewide Races
- County Races (coming soon)
- City/Village Races (coming soon)
- School Races (coming soon)