The Nebraska Cattlemen Foundation (NCF) is accepting applications for scholarships from qualified youth in Nebraska who have an interest in the beef industry. These scholarships will be awarded for the 2016-2017 academic year and are provided through contributions received by the Nebraska Cattlemen Foundation. Applications are available on the Nebraska Cattlemen website (www.nebraskacattlemen.org ) or can be obtained by calling the NCF office at (402) 475-2333.
Scholarship recipients must be a high school senior or college student, have a “C” or higher grade point average, and be enrolled or intending to enroll full time in a college or university that offers a bachelor degree, an approved vocation or trade school, or a state accredited junior college. Refer to NCF application(s) for complete selection requirements.
The Nebraska Cattlemen Beef State Scholarship awards a $10,000 scholarship to an outstanding college junior, senior or graduate-level student. Eligible students must be residents of Nebraska and be enrolled in a Nebraska college or university pursuing a beef industry-related degree. The scholarship will be awarded based on student need, Nebraska beef industry involvement (past achievements and future plans) and academics. Students will be required to complete the written application (due in the NCF office by February 15, 2016) and finalists will be invited to an interview with the selection committee.
NCF offers numerous other $1,000 scholarships, awarded on the basis of academic achievement, beef industry involvement and goals/quality of application from the following funds. These completed applications are due into the NCF office by March 15, 2016.
- Robert E. Lute II Memorial (high school senior or higher)
- Frank and Shirley Sibert (high school senior or higher)
- Bell Heller Memorial (high school senior or higher)
- Donavan Yoachim Memorial (high school senior or higher)
- Cattlemen’s Open (high school senior or higher)
- Clarence and Lois Jean Hartmann (high school senior or higher)
- Retail Value Steer Challenge Scholarship(s) (high school senior or higher)
- Col. Melvin Huss Memorial (high school senior or higher, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) animal science major)
- Ron and Shirley Huss (high school senior or higher, UNL animal science major)
- Bill Pullen (college junior or higher, UNL agriculture major)
- Vance Uden Memorial (college junior or higher, member of UNL Senior Livestock Evaluation Team)
- Nebraska Cattlemen Beef Pit (college junior or higher, meat/food science major in Nebraska)
- Martin Viersen Range Management/Conservation Memorial (college junior or higher, range management/conservation/
grazing systems major in Nebraska)
The Nebraska Cattlemen Foundation was created in 1968 and has been nurturing important, long term facets of the cattle industry, education for our future leaders and promoting needed research. The Foundation’s mission is to advance the future of Nebraska’s Beef Industry by investing in research and education programs. For more information concerning the Nebraska Cattlemen Foundation, contact Lee Weide, Nebraska Cattlemen Vice President of Operations at 402/475-2333or Jana Jensen, NCF Fundraising Coordinator at 308/588-6299.